Sunday 3 January 2016

New Year reinvigorates a jaded gamer

 So with the New Year upon us it was time to tidy up the work bench, which took surprisingly little time mind I would not want to open the cupboard doors. What took longer was deciding what to paint. I have bottled it a bit by by going with clearing what was in a part painted stage on the desk already. So we have:-

  • a 12 strong unit of French militia for muskets and tomahawks;
  • An 8 strong unit of Arab spearmen for Crescent and Cross;
  • A dozen or so French and German test figures for WWI in 6mm;
  • A unit of word knights including a Richard of Gloucester command element for L' Art de la Guerre(AG) again in 6mm.
The latter will form the start of my first project of the year, which is a Yorkist army for the Battle of Tewkesbury. For a while now I have been taken by the Peter Pig word rules but my main gaming scale is 6mm and I just couldn't get my head round sourcing and painting up all the bits and bob's you need to make the s rules work. So following the purchase of AG I had a brain wave I have used the scenario in the Peter Pig rules to provide the AG army lists for Tewkesbury. I hope to finish the Yorkists by March so I can purchase the Lancastrians at either Hammerhead or WMMS.
I am hoping to be able to post progress updates on weekly basis so watch this space on a Sunday evening. Of course the plan, such as it is, may not survive first contact with the real world. The first hurdle will be how whacked I feel after what looks like being a hectic day in the office tomorrow. The second will be a visit to friends next weekend because if Nige is all fired up about his Xmas wild west loot then I may have to build some of the 4ground stuff I have in the buildings pile for a game of the old occaisionals in the first quarter of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment