Sunday 16 August 2020

Sunday post #5

 This week has seen progress on a new project namely Chain of Command in 10mm. Diving right in with a pint sized campaign inspired by the Tactical Painter's wonderful AARs of his own exploits in Normandy. I'm not doing Normandy though at least not yet but Belgium in 1940. To be precise the Gembloux Gap campaign from TFL.

Progress has been relatively slow as I had to go stay with my dad for a bit as mum was having surgery and his luddite phone couldn't cope with the covid visiting medium i.e. video chat.

So far I've managed to finish a hamlet's worth of buildings and almost finished the German platoon and a support piece, I'm waiting for some paint to arrive from Pendraken. Next up will be the French platoon and the construction of a card railway platform and station.

Selection of buildings and defences

German command and supports


French platoon and supports

The buildings are a mixture of Timecast, Battlescale wargame buildings and Total Battle Miniatures the troops are Pendraken. Support vehicles are a mix of Pendraken and miniature figurines from Caliver I may also add some from magister militum later on.

I intend getting some force morale boards from Sabotag3d Wargame Accessories along with some similar boards for Infamy Infamy, which I also intend to do in 10mm.

Thanks to The Mad Tin Hatter for the name check and the introduction to the 10mm scale.

I will edit this later to add photos.

1 comment:

  1. Your 10mm kit looks great. I like the way you've arranged the stands. Must confess I'm cheering for the Belgians in this one! Cheers, Michael

    ReplyDelete